Position: Construction Estimator
Company Name City Concrete
Job Posting Information
Start Date Immediately
Job Status (Full-Time) Contract
Job Title Concrete Construction Estimator
Geographic Location Greater Toronto Area
City Toronto and area
Employment Sector Construction
City Concrete Inc. is a preferred full service, vertically integrated, contractor in the Greater Toronto Area. Recognized as an industry leader in concrete supply, concrete construction, landscape construction, waterproofing, masonry work and other exterior contractor services, we pride ourselves on our customer service and superior quality.
We are currently looking for an experienced ESTIMATOR to join our growing team!
The candidate will prepare and coordinate detailed cost estimates for competitive tenders to clients, including: Residential homeowners, Property Management, Facility Managers, Developers and Municipal Agencies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform quantity take offs and costing, pricing of work and material and tender / bid preparation.
- Participate in field visits and pre-tender meetings.
- Assist in negotiations with clients.
- Review specifications and drawings of open tenders.
- Conduct materials and pricing research.
- Collect all pertinent data and information for each job to be quoted.
- Liaise with general contractor, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare contracts, schedules, workflow, materials and labour management
- Report weekly activities and changes on the project docket
- Identify new market opportunities.
- Minimum Three to five (3-5) year’s construction estimating experience.
- Relevant University Degree or College Diploma (i.e. Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete estimating work independently.
- Highly organized, achievement oriented with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, math & computer skills (Excel, computerized estimating systems, spreadsheet design and formulas).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Estimating skills pertaining to concrete flatwork and foundations, waterproofing, masonry, excavation, hard landscaping and exterior construction are a major asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a vehicle
Preferred Application Method Email
Please submit your resume by email only. Only those resumes under consideration will be contacted for interviews.