CONSTRUCTION COST ANALYST
Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes: office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Group, Calgary is offering a full-time, permanent opportunity for a qualified Construction Cost Analyst to join our Asset Management team. Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Analysis, the successful candidate will be expected to analyze and track construction costs while maintaining the development budget.
- Prepare forecasts, cost expenditures and statements
- Liaise and consult with various stakeholders, including the accounting department, quantity surveyors, lenders and contractors
- Identify areas of concern related to contract costs and margins
- Ensure timely submission of claims in accordance with provision of contract
- Oversee contractor invoicing, tracking and analysis processes
- Administer payments to contractors and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- Prior experience in commercial real estate development, budgeting and financial analysis
- Previous construction, commercial real estate accounting, or lender experience considered an asset
- Strong problem solving skills and an analytical aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
STRATEGIC GROUP CULTURE & BENEFITS
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a career you’re genuinely excited about.
Our culture of support and empowerment provides the opportunity for hands-on experience and advancement. In addition to one-on-one contact and weekly meetings with management, you’ll have access to professional development programs, financial incentives, recognition rewards and a wide variety of Strategic Group perks.
Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
- On-call incentives
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free employee lunches
- On-site gym facilities
- RRSP options
- Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer! Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and love where they work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability, salary expectations and where you found the position, along with your resume to:
Attn: Melissa Geoffrey - Recruitment Coordinator
400, 630 - 8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G6