Applicants are invited to apply for a full-time contract opportunity as a Computer Support Specialist – Report Developer within the Office of Advancements Information Systems group that supports the University of Waterloo’s fund raising and alumni affairs business operations. The primary computing system within the department is Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge Enterprise operating in a SQL server\Windows environment and our online environments are hosted is a mixture of IIS\Windows and Linux\Apache platforms.
The position is responsible for providing a range of reporting, data analysis and general computing support but with specific focus on; report writing and development, data analysis, data extracts and database updates. This may include preparation various weekly, term and annual reports that track the overall performance progress and metrics for a variety of business units within the department. The position will also participate in a number of projects.
Qualifications should include:
- A University degree or college diploma in computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of advanced experience and knowledge of report development (writing) techniques and Crystal reports or similar report development tools.
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Access databases or other relationship databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with Blackbauds’ Raisers Edge Enterprise advancement system including use of Query, Report Writer, Import and Export.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Business Intelligence tools would be an asset.
- Basic experience programming with languages such as VBA, VB .net or use of Microsoft Visual Studio would be an asset.
- Experience supporting desktop PC’s would be an asset.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication (oral and written), problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
Please send your application or resume to:
Mr. Nigel Henriques
Associate Director, Systems, Office of Advancement
University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave. West,
Waterloo, N2L 3G1, Ontario, Canada
Tel: (519) 888-4567 ext. 32591
Fax (519) 746-8932