CDI College, Winnipeg Campus is currently seeking a Computer Application Instructor. Under the supervision of the Campus Director, the instructor will provide instruction and facilitate learning in accordance to the provided curriculum as well as to ensure the students successful completion of the program.
The instructor must be available to work on a full-time basis, Monday through Friday between 10H00AM and 6H00PM.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Instructor is accountable for the following:
- Being courteous and behave in a professional manner that fosters mutual assistance whenever he/she is dealing with the students, other employees or faculty members;
- Provide an instruction that complies with the modules and programs objectives and curriculum;
- Discuss the student’s progress as well as the group’s progress;
- Explain the courses key objectives and concepts to the students;
- Take part in the development and evaluation of curriculum and instructional materials, as required;
- Attending Instructors’ meetings, as required;
- Knowing, understanding and abiding by the employer’s policies and procedures in connection with the students and instructors;
- Cooperate with the administrative staff;
- Always make sure that his/her knowledge and competencies related to the subject matter are up to date;
- Fill and submit the student’s attendance records in a timely manner;
- Filling the final examinations assessments and submitting the grades in the five business days following the last day of the course completion;
- Perform any other duties required by an immediate supervisor.
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation;
- Ability to motivate and inspire students;
- Ability to assist students with understanding the processes and exercises involved with their computer courses;
- Demonstrate and encourage high standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service;
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff;
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably;
- Teach the prescribed curriculum and courses as approved;
- Commitment to remain current in area of study including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Proficiency with Simply Accounting 2011 and AccPac 5.6;
- Comprehension of Business English and Proofreading;
- Understanding of basic accounting skills;
- 2 or more years’ experience in a related field;
- Instructional experience; Ability to work with students in a self-learning lab environment;
- Satisfy specific position/qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the courses;
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Depuis plus de 40, le Collège CDI propose des formations professionnelles à travers tout le Canada. Nos étudiants...