Community Outreach Ministries Coordinator
Date of Posting: December 3, 2013
Hours: 40 hour per week
Wage: $25.00 per hour
Closing Date: When position is filled
To provide intensive outreach to individuals entrenched in long term street homelessness, assisting them to re-engage in housing and support services.
To support former rough sleepers to access and sustain tenancies in long term
accommodation that enables their reconnection to family, friends, community,
and opportunities for personal wellbeing, social inclusion and civic participation.
The Outreach Worker is also to be responsible for the operation of the Community
Response Vehicle (CRU)
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and duly prepared for this role.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in the Outreach Program/ministry
- Has an understanding of the issues relevant to the marginalized in our society.
- Has practical knowledge of the theology of pastoral care and social outreach.
- Has appropriate leadership and organizational skills.
- Connect and engage with homeless individuals
- Provide written reports to supervisor as requested
- Team player
- Adheres to policy and procedure including all safety issues
- Work with other Non-profits in the city – form partnerships
- Performs additional duties when required
- Represent The Salvation Army at community meetings
- Provide spiritual counselling.
- Ministry Unit Lead for the CRU
- Recruit Volunteers for CRU Response Teams
- Maintain working relationship with RCMP & Fire Department
CSC (Community Service Centre) Chaplain
- Provides Spiritual counselling and guidance to Emergency & MAT shelter individuals
- Conduct bi-weekly Bible Studies
- Conduct Monthly Sunday Evening Services
- Maintains confidentially and keeps accurate records of services provided
- Help develop a Chaplaincy plan for the Centre
Please submit your resume to Jackie Reid/ HR Coordinator
The Salvation Army- 9919 MacDonald Ave. Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1S7
Phone: 780-743-4135 Fax: 780-791-2909