COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST VANCOUVER
Who are we?
FPInnovations ranks among the largest non-profit, private forest research centres in the world. Our organization helps the Canadian forest industry develop innovative solutions based on the unique features of Canada's forest resource within a sustainable development objective and while building on the industry's considerable scientific, technological and commercial assets.
Our name is Innovation. What's yours?
…having the chance to pursue a career in a fascinating scientific environment where the expression "ending the day smarter" takes on its full meaning. Imagine a job where your expertise has a direct impact on an organization's image, and even on the image of an entire industry. By becoming a member of FPInnovations' Communications team, you will find brilliant teammates and very interesting topics, and you may even have the chance to learn some new words that are more than 4 syllables long.
In return, we will ask you to:
- Draft, write, compose, devise, create, scribble, dream up—in short, put your writing skills to good use to provide relevant content adapted to various media and external audiences.
- Understand the difference between writing for a magazine and writing for the Internet
- Research, discover, inquire about and explore topics, ideas and issues to communicate to others
- Overcome the recurrent "blank page" syndrome on Friday afternoons to write a last minute advertisement, a press release or an article.
- Explain, summarize and simplify scientific data, theories and practices in layman's terms so that they can be understood by more than just one person
- Bring forward ideas that will prove that Innovation is truly your name, too.
- Cultivate constructive relations with research staff on or off-site in order to clearly understand assignments and research projects
What makes you the ideal candidate?
- You have a Bachelor's degree in communications, in journalism or in a relevant field and you have 5-10 years of experience in communications
- You have experience in writing web content, press releases, articles and other communication products;
- Your writing style is efficient and impeccable: Your written English is practically perfect, because you are the indisputable master of English grammar
- If you happen to speak French, you will have a definite edge over the other candidates!
- You have already interacted with the scientific world
- You are skilled in working with hashtags and you tweet on a regular basis
- "I don't know" isn't in your vocabulary. You usually find solutions quickly by yourself
- It doesn't matter whether your sense of humour is energetic, subtle or confident, but you definitely have one
Does your profile correspond to ours?
Please send a writing sample, your resume, and cover letter quoting Position #312 in the subject line by August 15, 2014 to:
Justine Carignan Human Resources Coordinator