Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, Public Relations, this position is critical to the effort of raising awareness for World Vision’s fundraising and marketing activities as they promote sustainable development and concern for the well-being of children worldwide.
Extremely creative, versatile and detail-oriented, the Communications Officer is a seasoned practitioner who:
-develops and executes strategic communications plans including creating key messages that call on Canadians in the fight against child poverty at home and abroad
-leads nation-wide events raising awareness for activities around child sponsorship, 3rd party fundraisers, 30 Hour Famine, the Christmas Gift Catalogue, etc.
-will bring fresh, innovative ideas to media relations activities
-writes strong newsworthy content into pitches and news releases
-researches, writes and produces collateral for media information kits
-develops and maintains media contact lists
-can monitor and evaluate media coverage
-can brief media spokespeople
The successful candidate will:
- hold a degree in public relations, communications, journalism or a relevant field combined with at least 3 years of demonstrated success.
- achieve goals on tight deadlines in a newsroom-type environment.
- have recent experience in public relations campaigns and familiarity with publicity events.
- have a strong grasp of traditional and new media.
- have a high degree of organizational and collaborative interpersonal skills in working with many stakeholders
- have project management skills and the ability to take an initiative through to completion
A humanitarian perspective and interest in International Development is foundational to the position. Proficiency in current business software programs is expected.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
http://www.worldvision.ca/careers Application deadline is November 16, 2012.