Description of position:
The Communications Manager will manage the translation department including translating and revising texts, help develop and oversee direct member communications and help develop messaging across digital communications platforms. The candidate must be a team-oriented professional with solid communications, translating, writing, social media and management skills.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervise the translation staff
- Manage and participate in the translation of a variety of documents, including legal, advertising, marketing, client messages, newsletters, and magazine articles from English to French and in some instances, French to English
- Revise and adapt communications materials (marketing communications, Facebook- content, newsletters), and work with the member service team on daily communications with members
- Revise translated texts, including product labelling and packaging
- Prepare translations for publication and write, as required, articles for The Costco Connection magazine.
- Provide clients with linguistic advice that complies with language legislation and departmental standards
- Apply expertise to improve translation quality
- Help maintain and improve the department’s pre-translation and productivity systems
Ability to work evenings or weekends when occasionally required.
- This schedule may vary based on the needs of the business.
- Education/Training: Required: Bachelor degree in translation from English to French recognized by the Translation Bureau of Canada.
- Licenses/Certifications: Membership in a Translators’ Association affiliated with the CTTIC and OTTIAQ
- Experience: Eight to ten years of experience as a full-time translator in Canada, preferably in a private-industry translation department. Two or more years of experience directly supervising a team of translators.
Social media experience is an asset.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be bilingual (oral and written) and able to communicate effectively and persuasively.
Mastery of written French and English.
Excellent attention to detail and strong sense of professional discretion.
Experience working in an intranet and Web environment.
Experience with computer-assisted software is an asset.
Thorough knowledge of Canadian linguistic context for eastern Canada.
Good knowledge of management and marketing terminology.
Able to adapt to and manage changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
Candidate must successfully pass a written translation test.
High-volume mass merchandiser Costco Wholesale operates in 9 provinces with over 80 locations across Canada. Our warehouses offer a fun,...