Re-posted July 4, 2014
Are you looking for a job where you can exercise your communications skills, work with an enthusiastic team and raise funds for BC’s second largest hospital? If so, Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation is seeking a Communications Coordinator.
Please note that we need a self-starter with at least one year's experience in a communications/marketing role.Your work will include writing everything from donor marketing materials and proposals to media releases and web copy. You will also help our fundraising team by supporting a variety of fundraising and donor recognition projects, including special events.
Skills and qualifications:
- magnificent writing abilities
- excellent oral communication skills
- ability to self-start and organize own work
- proficiency in desktop publishing (suitable for small projects e.g. event invites and case for support items)
- familiarity with managing website content and social media channels
- one to two years' experience in communications, marketing or public relations
- college diploma or university degree in communications-related discipline
- fluency in Punjabi an asset
Please note that this is a one-year, full-time contract position, working from the Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation office. To apply, send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by July 22.
Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation raises funds for the hospital and the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre.