Re-posted July 4, 2014
Are you looking for a job where you can exercise your communications skills, work with an enthusiastic team and raise funds for BC’s second largest hospital? If so, Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation is seeking a Communications Coordinator.
Please note that we need a self-starter with at least one year's experience in a communications/marketing role.Your work will include writing everything from donor marketing materials and proposals to media releases and web copy. You will also help our fundraising team by supporting a variety of fundraising and donor recognition projects, including special events.
Skills and qualifications:
- magnificent writing abilities
- excellent oral communication skills
- ability to self-start and organize own work
- proficiency in desktop publishing (suitable for small projects e.g. event invites and case for support items)
- familiarity with managing website content and social media channels
- one to two years' experience in communications, marketing or public relations
- college diploma or university degree in communications-related discipline
- fluency in Punjabi an asset
Please note that this is a one-year, full-time contract position, working from the Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation office. To apply, send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by July 22.