This position is based in Ottawa (Kanata) Ontario. Contract for One Year
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all orders received for the major accounts through the Electronics Data Interchange System (E.D.I) or other means. Analyze order quantities, evaluates order value versus customer financial stability. Will ensure customer P.O. reflects proper pricing, proper unit of measure. Will constantly search for improving customer ordering pattern. Will work with customer to avoid continuous ordering errors. Manage order quantities versus inventory levels (alert demand planner in case of low inventory).
- Provide back-up support incoming institutional customer orders and sample orders for MJN sales representatives ensuring efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of order processing (verbal and written) with considerable attention to detail.
- Resolves deductions for major accounts. Includes validation of amounts deducted with appropriate supporting documents, analysis, research to have deduction credited or repayment can be requested to customer for invalid deduction (responsible to have the deduction repaid).
- Communicates with the major accounts’ Buyer and MJN Sales Force & Marketing to resolve issues and to find ways to improve ordering process flow with customers. Will communicate with 3rd party warehouse to ensure orders are delivered on time to avoid penalties and/or late payment from customers.
- Handles customers’ and sales representatives’ inquiries related to an order (i.e. order tracing, credit status, backorders and inventory status).
- Communicates with the major account’s Payables Department for collection issues. Will evaluate customer financial stability to maintain acceptable credit risk.
- Ensures outstanding invoices are collected promptly and that the aged trial balance is as up to date as possible. Will encourage customer to adhere to the EFT program for prompt payment discount resulting in an improvement to the DSO number.
- Manage short supply. Ensure short supply inventory is allocated fairly among customers as directed by Sales.
- Maintain Canada customer/material master data and pricing in SAP.
- Other miscellaneous responsibilities.
Experience and Knowledge Desired
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field or 5 years experience in corporate customer relations/order to cash.
- Minimum 2 years experience in front line corporate customer relations within an order to cash environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of SAP Order to Cash System.
- High level understanding of warehousing, traffic, and inventory relative to order processing, distribution and delivery of orders.
- Capacity to interact and work with various organizational/departmental members.
- Experience in handling various tasks, situations and/or dilemmas at the same time.
- Professional verbal and written interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to adjust to each customer appropriately.
- Intuitive understanding of customer service dynamics. Must demonstrate calmness and patience with a genuine interest in helping customers while representing Mead Johnson’s best interest.
- Experience in a team environment as well as the ability to work autonomously.
- Bilingualism English/French (oral and written) is desired.
Apply at: Mead Johnson Nutrition Careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Mead Johnson Nutrition helps babies grow up healthy. The company specializes in developing and manufacturing nutritional products for...