Commercial Litigation Paralegal
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of support staff who are highly motivated to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a full time Commercial Litigation Paralegal to join our firm.
Our Commercial Litigation Paralegal is responsible for providing paralegal support to all practice areas handled by our Edmonton Commercial Litigation Department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with various software (Law, Summation Casemap), to import, process, export and organize electronic and paper data
- Preparing Affidavits of Records, including document review and coding
- Preparing for Questioning, including creating witness and subject briefing binders
- Dealing with transcripts, including conducting searches, summarizing transcripts and answering undertakings
- Preparing Bills of Costs
- Preparing and updating pleading, transcript and trial binders
- Communicating with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers, and clients as required
Our ideal candidate:
- Is committed to being a strong team player and possesses the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Possesses a high degree of initiative and self-motivation as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Has a positive work ethic and attitude, and a proven ability to exercise independent judgment
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Is able to work occasional overtime
Key Qualifications and Education
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in accredited Paralegal or Legal Assistant program. and/or successful career history in the role of a Litigation Paralegal
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the law industry
- Working knowledge of litigation support software (i.e. Summation, LAW, Casemap)
- Advanced computer skills (ie. Microsoft Office, Outlook, document management systems such as Worldox)
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- Our proven high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 122220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100
Indeed - 22 months ago
Helpdesk Support Analyst
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and...