COMMERCIAL INTERIOR DESIGNER
Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes: office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Group, Calgary is offering a full-time, permanent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Commercial Interior Designer to join our interior design team. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Interior Design, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of commercial interior design required for implementation of our projects as they relate to tenant and common area improvements.
- Produce as-built measurements and drawings using AutoCAD 2013
- Create marketing drawings, permit drawings, budget and construction packages
- Provide support to contractors through site visits and contract administration
- Conduct meetings with clients to discuss planning and design requirements
- 4+ years of experience in commercial interior design
- Degree in interior design from a CIDA-accredited (or equivalent) institution
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Google Sketch-Up, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional oral, written and visual communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of construction costs and budgets
- NCIDQ certificate an asset
*The successful candidate must own reliable transportation and have a valid driver’s license
STRATEGIC GROUP CULTURE & BENEFITS
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a career you’re genuinely excited about.
Our culture of support and empowerment provides the opportunity for hands-on experience and advancement. In addition to one-on-one contact and weekly meetings with management, you’ll have access to professional development programs, financial incentives, recognition rewards and a wide variety of Strategic Group perks.
Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
- On-call incentives
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free employee lunches
- On-site gym facilities
- RRSP options
- Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer! Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and love where they work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability, salary expectations and where you found the position, along with your resume to:
Attn: Melissa Geoffrey - Recruitment Coordinator
400, 630 - 8 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G6
Application deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is found