Reporting to the Press Shop Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for setting up, training, and operating CNC and Manual machines. The primary responsibilities of this position are to set-up and operate equipment in a safe manner to produce quality parts that meet or exceed the customer’s requirement.
- Set-up and operate CNC and/or Manual machines as per drawing/blue prints and according to established procedures.
- Use a vernier and protractor to read tolerances. Follow First-off and In-process procedures to ensure quality of material. Identify and isolate parts that do not conform to specification
- Bar coding information relating to the operation being performed, into the computer system according to procedures.
- Lift up to 30 pounds and able to use a lifting device for all lifts over 30 pounds.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledgeable, comfortable, and well experienced with Manual and CNC brake press and punches.
- 2 –3 years experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Forklift and Raymond Reach License an asset. Light Overhead Crane operation experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality are essential.
- Understanding of metric system and use of measuring devices.
- Sense of urgency, team work and cooperation skills
- Able and willing to work two shifts.
- Able to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to follow standard work instructions and read blue prints.
- Safety conscious, dedicated and reliable worker.