CNC Controls Technician-System Integrator
We currently have opportunities for experienced CNC Controls Technician-System Integrator. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and Job experience. They must be able to apply the knowledge learned to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will work with experienced engineers as a part of project team.
Technicians will be required to participate in design, development, testing and commissioning of CNC Machine Tools. This is a hands on job.
Typical activities include:
- Design, program, test and commission of CNC Machine Tools using Siemens and FANUC control systems
- Prepare technical documents and design specifications for control systems and installation
- Write reports, user and maintenance manuals, procedures
- Work within the defined schedule estimates.
- Involvement in programming, communication systems, electrical design and robotic integration
- Mange project duties, attending review meetings and undertaking and / or giving training courses.
- Electrical Schematics using AutoCAD electrical
- Wiring Control Cabinets and CNC Machines
- PLC programming with Siemens Simatic S7 and FANUC Ladder III
- Function block programming, Ladder logic programming. STL programming.
- Network implementation using Profibus, Profinet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, EthernetIP.
- Field commissioning and startup of CNC Machine Tools.
- Providing customer support.
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Diploma in Electrical / Controls / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation Engineering/Technology. Or 10+ years experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems.
- Strong command of English Language both written and verbal a must.
- Works well in team situations
- Able to work well unsupervised
- Use of power tools, hand tools
- Willingness to travel approximately 40 % of the time.
- Working knowledge of CNC G Code Programming is a definite asset
- Valid Passport for International Travel
Job Benefits and Perks
- Group Benefits Plan
- Travel Pay Premium