Raymond James is seeking a qualified Client Services Associate to work in our downtown office. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading full-service independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Andrew Johns team has been recognized as one of the top performing teams within Raymond James Ltd in 2012. We manage over $2 billion in client assets, both institutional and private. Our team delivers three core value points to our clients: Service, Advice and Performance. We are a professional and dedicated group, who think outside-the-box and show up to work every day with a positive attitude and drive to grow our business.
This position demands sharp attention to detail and well-developed interpersonal skills. Working closely with a team of seven finance professionals in an open office environment, you have a strong work ethic and positive attitude that contributes to growing our business at a fast pace.
o Client communication – Daily and mostly by telephone;
o Account Statements – Monthly, by email;
o Commission reconciliation and interest rate calculations;
- Liaising with corporate back office to complete client inquires and requests;
- Account documentation management:
o Account openings – Confirming with the client; following through with signatures and processing with back office;
o Ensuring all clients’ accounts are up-to-date;
- Anticipating and identifying potential complications and finding appropriate solutions;
- Executing client trades and ensuring timely settlement;
- Depositing client cheques;
- Monthly reporting to the team;
To qualify for this opportunity, you possess the following:
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance;
- Preferably 2-3 years of professional work experience in a related role;
- Flexibility and adaptability to a dynamic, oftentimes loud, fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Superior interpersonal skills with both clients and colleagues;
- High level of professionalism;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, work within time constraints and follow-up;
- Aptitude with numbers;
- Excellent telephone demeanor;
- Ability to learn quickly and make sound, timely decisions;
- Able to present a polished appearance in an business formal environment;
- Second or multiple languages - Spanish, will be considered an asset;
- Investment Advisor (IA) License an asset or willingness to complete IA license while working full- time (See Canadian Securities Institute);
- Experience with Dataphile, Thomson, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office & Salesforce an asset;
To learn more about the team and Raymond James Ltd., visit www.andrewjohns.ca.
Qualified applicants are requested to send a resume and cover letter to Gurpreet Panesar quoting the position, by February 28, 2013.
Additionally, we ask that all candidates contact us at 604.659.8090 to confirm receipt of their application. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
Want to get noticed? Follow us on Twitter (@andrewnjohns) and check out our Facebook (AJTeam).