NOV Tuboscope is looking for Class 1 Drivers. The Truck Driver is responsible for loading, transporting and unloading materials in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading Oilfield Multi Wheel Truck & Trailer combinations with a Gross Vehicle Weight in excess of 40,000 kgs. Primary cargo is oilfield tubular products and misc. oilfield equipment.
- Transporting cargo over highway and offroad routes. Responsible to be familiar with and able to drive offroad in conditions that may include: rough roads, inclement weather, steep inclines and/or declines and other potential hazards.
- Conduct a pre- and post-trip inspection of the vehicle and complete relevant section of the Driver's Daily Log to record inspection
- Perform daily vehicle inspection and record in Driver's Daily Log
- Responsible for monitoring vehicles and equipment, and to advise Supervisor when scheduled service is required
- Receive assignment from Dispatch and continue to check in on a regular basis
- Responsible to be available to work irregular shifts on an on-call basis. This is a 24-hour operation and Drivers are required to respond to call-ins within 2 hours.
- Responsible to use load securing devices and tire chains
- Be familiar with the provisions of all legislation and regulations affecting the operation of commercial vehicles and equipment
- Partial high school education with the ability to read, write and speak a minimum amount of English to perform job duties
- At least 1 year prior experience operating Oilfield Multi Wheel Truck & Trailer combinations, with offroad experience
- Valid Alberta Class One License complete with air brake endorsement and no more than 6 demerits
- Satisfactory completion of the Company's orientation Training
- Satisfactory completion of the Company's Driver's Road Test Evaluation
- Satisfactory completion of H2S, First Aid, PST, Working Alone, and PIC Examination
- General Oilfield Driver Improvement Course (GODI)
- National Safety Code Fundamentals Course
- WHMIS and TDG (Company specific training provided)
- Work is performed in vehicle, yard and offsite environments. Possibility to be exposed to Hydrogen Sulphide and changes of temperature/humidity
- Physical requirements: squatting, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 32 kilograms, reaching, twisting, crawling, ladder work, climbing, walking on rough ground, working near moving equipment and working alone.
- Required to at all times wear proper protective clothing and equipment and perform duties in a safe manner
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...