This is an exceptional opportunity for a visionary ER physician to lead the Emergency Department at Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA).
If you have a reputation as an excellent physician and for developing sound working relationships with your colleagues, this is an exciting time to be part of the team that is building on the strengths of our Emergency Program. Our Chatham and Sydenham campus Emergency Departments provide 24/7 care and receive approximately 60,000 visits per year. That’s where you can make a difference as the Chief and Medical Director of Emergency Department.
You are a visionary leader with a commitment to innovation and quality of care, ready to oversee all aspects of the clinical practice within the Department and co-manage key operations, from quality and human resources to education and utilization. In this full-time role reporting to the Vice President, Medical Affairs and Chief of Staff, you will be expected to perform your duties as Chief and Medical Director of Emergency Department approximately 2 days per week, as well as to work approximately 2 to 3 shifts per week in one of the CKHA Emergency Departments. As Chief and Medical Director, Emergency Department, you will be instrumental in taking our Emergency Department to new levels of excellence while working closely with stakeholders (Physicians, Chiefs and Medical Directors, Senior Administration, the LHIN, the Program Director of Emergency Services, etc.) in achieving the key strategic, quality, and operational priorities of CKHA. Chatham-Kent Health Alliance has strong educational affiliations with the Western University Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, and teaching opportunities are available.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES of the Chief and Medical Director of Emergency Department
- Hold CCFP (EM) or FRCP credentials and/or be a physician with extensive ER experience
- Demonstrated experience in a medical leadership role in the last 5 years
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical practice with a reputation as an excellent physician
- An ability to take charge and deliver results
- Ability to develop sound working relationships with colleagues
- ACLS & ATLS
- Demonstrated ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centered Care
- Demonstrated participation in building a culture of safety and partnering with others to improve the safety of patient care processes and systems.
- Formal training in management (e.g., PMI, certificates, etc.) would be an asset.
Bringing dynamic professionals to a great workplace.
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance is an innovative and progressive, 300-bed community hospital with campuses in Chatham and Wallaceburg. Our focus is Patients, People, Performance and Innovation and our strategic directions support our Vision – An Exceptional Community Hospital. Setting Standards - Exceeding Expectations. We are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies, and operate at national best practice levels. Come join us to build, grow and advance your career in a workplace where you will be respected and supported.
To find out more and apply today
Visit our website at www.ckha.on.ca to learn more about us and our community. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest in the position, together with a current CV.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.