Are you an energetic and ambitious 2nd Class Power Engineer looking for a leadership opportunity and chance to grow your career with a world class manufacturing company? Do you enjoy interacting with people and taking a hands-on approach while working cross functionally with other departments?
Our client is proudly committed to manufacturing innovative high-quality food products for their customers around the world. On their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Chief Engineer in their processing facility located in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba. Reporting to the Manager-Maintenance & Engineering, the individual will become part of a maintenance team that provides support for a large manufacturing operation.
- Operation and maintenance of a 2nd Class powerhouse that includes Thermal Oil heat transfer systems as well as ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems
- Provide leadership and support for Power Engineers and Industrial Maintenance teams as they develop proactive maintenance systems and continuous improvement strategies
- Administrative responsibilities include Budget control as well as task/time scheduling using CMMS as well as electronic reports as required
- Building/process steam and water
- Liaison with corporate support for project management initiatives
- Supervision of contracted services within the factory as required
- Assist factory teams in developing areas of opportunity
- Maintain fork lift fleet, refrigeration cold storage and associate building
- 2nd Class Power Engineers Certificate and 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and qualifications
- Solid understanding of proactive maintenance systems as well as continuous improvement strategies included in the lean manufacturing model
- Understanding of energy conservation methods/systems
- Experience with refrigeration systems and thermal oil heat transfer systems
- Results-oriented, team player with excellent supervisory and communication skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities
- Strong computer skills would be an asset
This role will appeal to an individual who wants to spearhead maintenance department success by fostering growth and positive change of both the department and its people. If you have the organizational savvy, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and are motivated to cultivate individuals with huge potential please forward your resume to Tracey through Indeed or call 204-336-6249.