Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Chef de Partie will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the summer, and sleigh rides in the winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Review the daily production sheets with the Sous Chef. Prepares and when required delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keep work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Responsible for the day to day operations of his/her station
- Prepares lists of food products required for station for Sous Chef order and approval
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Starting rate of pay: $18.48
6 month rate of pay: $20.67
Subsidized staff accomodation is available
Benefits include: Dental, Vision, Medical and Supplemental Health
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Location: This position is located at 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Alberta T0L 1E0
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!