The Category Manager is the product “expert” and point of contact for the textile product line and is responsible for the product innovation, development and management cycle from concept through retirement.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Textile Division, the successful applicant will be responsible to:
- Identify market opportunities, conduct market research, create product/brand positioning and competitive analysis, product pricing and develop launch strategy and tactics for all assigned product lines.
- Develop merchandising strategies, sales training, promotion and packaging for product lines.
- Conduct financial analysis in support of product and business planning.
- Develop and execute exit strategies for discontinued and slow-moving items.
- Prepare product collateral and sell sheets. Conduct organizational product training for assigned lines.
- Research and document category and SKU history, trends, sales and lessons learned. Maintain established databases (excel).
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external partners, suppliers and agencies seeking cost efficiencies.
- Daily management of product line issues and sample request process.
- Participate with Sales in line reviews and customer meetings to identify required samples and costing needed.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in a marketing-related field.
- 5 years experience within a Marketing Department in a Product Development/Category Management role.
- Experience in manufacturing and consumer-packaged goods.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills- quantitative and qualitative. (Sales, POS, P&L)
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Creative and conceptual.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Multy Home LP is a dynamic and growing entrepreneurial organization. We have over 25 years of history in our industry. We market floor...