Come join the culinary team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Develop your personal skills as you interact with the Lake Louise staff.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the summer, and sleigh rides in the winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Stocking, cleaning, and maintaining the dining area
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas.
- Replenish condiments and other supplies in serving areas.
- Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist kitchen staff.
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas.
- Perform other duties such as scraping and stacking dishes, moving dishes and trays to the Kitchen.
- Proper use and storage of chemicals.
- Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of better guest satisfaction.
- Work shifts as business levels dictate.
- Adhere to environmental polices and procedures as required.
- Have complete understanding and adhere to the Health & Safety policy.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Education and previous experience not necessary but considered an asset
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- W.H.M.I.S certified an asset.
- Working knowledge of all areas of the Food and Beverage Department
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including heavy lifting and standing.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- The position can be physical at times. Regular bending, lifting, reaching carrying and pulling
Starting rate of pay: $12.98
6 month rate of pay: $13.44
Subsidized staff accommodation is available
Benefits include: Dental, Vision, Medical and Supplemental Health
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Location: This position is located at 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Alberta T0L 1E0
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!