Our Cambridge based client (WaterGroup a division of Culligan International) client is a water treatment company and a major manufacturer/ distributor in Canada and the U.S. servicing residential and commercial customers through plumbing and heating wholesale distribution. The company manufactures and sells a full line of water softeners, filters, reverse osmosis (RO), ultraviolet (UV) drinking water systems and pump products. In addition, the company distributes a full range of additional water treatment products such as cartridge filters, distillation units, chemical feed pumps, chemicals and media. As a result of growth within our market we are commencing a search for a Buyer.
Reporting to the Director, North American Strategic Sourcing; the Buyer will be responsible for ensuring that Operations has all the needed materials within budget and on time for project completion. The Buyer will work with product development and engineering on new product opportunities within their assigned vendors, as well as Supplier Quality on resolution of identified issues.
Specific Job Functions:
- Understand MRP system generated requirements and transacting with assigned suppliers to fulfill the requirements
- Proactively communicate with suppliers on schedule changes based upon actual customer orders vs. forecast.
- Develop analysis on suppliers/ products to address changes in the market place required to assure supply or reduce inventory while maintaining service levels
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Operations Planning to make sure that all system settings, including supplier lead time and lead time variability, are set properly and reflect current conditions.
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing and order fulfillment timing to meet budget and schedule needs
- Proactively recommend alternative suppliers/ products when Service/ Quality or price issues arise.
- Drive the regular supplier score card reviews with key suppliers and Culligan International Supplier Quality team.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to the quality requirements and documentation for new items as well as changes to on-going items (First Article Inspection FAI & Product Part Approval Process PPAP)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Engineering
- 5-8 years experience in procurement of direct materials
- Demonstrated experience buying 1000+ SKUs
- Experience with ERP systems and MRP systems
- Demonstrated strong business, analytical, prioritization, and planning skills
- Previous project management skills in which candidate has successfully met
- objectives and deadlines
- Computer proficiency; MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Applicants are encouraged to reply to this posting by forwarding a cover letter and resume in confidence. We respectfully request no phone calls please.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Integral HR Solutions specializes in providing human resources services and support to a wide variety of organizations primarily within the...