BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL ANALYST
Disruptive Media Publishers is a leading publisher of licensed digital personalization content on today’s top interactive gaming platforms, including Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360. Disruptive creates branded user interface themes and avatar virtual goods featuring content from a wide variety of licensed partners, including sports leagues, movie/TV studios, fashion labels, artists and more.
We are boutique, fun, nimble and quirky office where each person counts. There is no redundancy at DP, and therefore, as the successful incumbent, you would become a vital part of the organization. The ideal candidate would bring a positive attitude, strong accounting/bookkeeping/royalty reporting background with appropriate skills and education equivalent to a level 1 CA/CGA student, a superb command of the English language, and a strong "smart working" philosophy. Computerized accounting aptitude is necessary along with the eagerness and ability to learn quickly. In this role, you will have the opportunity to show us how you can hit the ground running!
- Analyzing financials, performing trend analysis of sales results, and developing strategies/outcomes based on data analysis
- Preparation and review of weekly/monthly quarterly sales reporting
- Preparation and review of the monthly financial statements and royalty reports
- Assisting with the completion of the DP's working papers for the corporate tax return and quarterly financial filings and liaising with our accounting firm
- Providing a annual budget and forecast strategy for the implementation of new projects
- Royalty Calculations, Payment Calculations and Royalty Payment Fulfillment
- Providing ad-hoc financial analysis to support new business segments (e.g. profitability analysis for the company's mobile and gaming business)
- Provide insight to working with numerous outsourced service providers to develop new (and improve existing) processes.
- Prepare financial accounts and maintain various ledgers according to our accounting policies
- Reconcile bank statements and cash positions
- Prepare various account reconciliations
- Monthly accounting responsibilities
- Analyses historical performances and forecasts.
- Recent 2-3 years of experience in an administrative role
- Recent 2-3 years of experience in an accounting role
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook 2007
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel (v-look-up’s, graphs, and ideally macros)
- Experience using Simply Accounting, Quickbooks
- Experience doing A/P and A/R
- Strong business acumen and ability to tie numbers to the business
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing environment
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous problems and process improvement
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, combined with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to excel in an independent setting with minimal supervision
- Professional and courteous phone etiquette
- Advanced reporting, analytical, and communication skills
- Must be proactive and have a high attention to detail
- Ability to use daily, weekly and monthly sales data to make strategic recommendations and adjustments to content plans
- Ability to measure ROI on content collections and virtual goods sales
- Ability to analyze price and promotion test results and make recommendations
- Ability to create and maintain reports/presentations to track channel efficiency and customer behavior
- Ability to analyze key predictors of customer acquisition and retention to help grow our business and customer community
- Familiarity with internet marketing terms and Key Performance Indicators like CPA (Cost per acquisition), CPC (Cost per Click), ARPPU (Average revenue per paying user), DAU (Daily active users), MAU (Monthly active users)
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 2-3 years related experience in related fields.
- Database skills a plus
- Ability to work in an agile environment with quick turnaround and short term deadlines
Disruptive Media Publishers is a leading publisher of licensed digital personalization content on today’s top interactive gaming...