Location: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Position: Business Development Representative
Company Overview: Challenger Geomatics Ltd. is a diverse geomatics company providing innovative surveying and mapping solutions to the public, government and industry across Western and Northern Canada and internationally since 1984. The company is wholly owned by its employees and has a staff of more than 150 dedicated employees based in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, and Whitehorse.
Position Overview: Challenger Geomatics has an immediate opening for a Business Development Representative out of our Calgary office. Reporting to the President, the Business Development Representative is accountable for maximizing the company’s market share through the prospecting and development of new and existing accounts within the oil and gas and construction industries throughout Western Canada.
General Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Develops and maintains a broad network of strategic contacts within the oil and gas, construction, government, and municipal sectors; systematically develops business relationships within the network to keep abreast of areas of activity and identify potential business opportunities.
- Provides weekly written updates on call and account activity.
- Liaises with technical personnel in the development of business proposals which are designed to address the key needs of potential clients
- Using marketplace information develops sales and marketing plans and goals.
- Maintains a sales and service follow up program for the purpose of assessing customer satisfaction and identifying areas for potential service improvement; provides timely feedback to project managers.
- Participates on the Business Development Team that develops an annual budget with respect to promotional materials and products. Manages expenditures within approved budgetary parameters.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings for the purpose of informing senior management as to the status of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Develops sales and marketing tools including brochures, trades show displays, and advertisements; coordinates the development of technical papers/presentations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales and marketing experience within the construction, oil and gas, or municipal sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Proven prospecting and business development skills
- Natural ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clientele.
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic in seeking out new business.
- Brings a proactive, innovative and goal-oriented approach to all assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the services and clients associated with land survey, aerial photography, mapping, etc.