Business Development Manager
As the North American leader in contract water and wastewater operations and other related services, the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive business development activity to cover specific geographic locations in north of Toronto and north west of Toronto. This position supports all OCWA business streams in providing new and existing clients with comprehensive services.
The Business Development Manager will be accountable for achieving designated financial targets in terms of the number and value of contracts negotiated in any one financial year.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this high-profile, fast-paced role, you will:
- act as the point person to municipalities, commercial organizations and partners in providing expertise and solutions for water and wastewater environments
- manage a geographic territory and generate sales results for the territory/region and work with service delivery teams (including operations and engineering teams), renew current contracts and obtain new business through close collaboration with these teams
- develop local sales plans and execute these plans to meet pre-set local and corporate goals for the organization
- ensure OCWA is highly visible in the geographic area and recognized as the leader in the water/wastewater services sector
- support OCWA’s sales and marketing activities through industry associations, conferences, etc. to develop leads and sales activities
Location: North Toronto (nominally Barrie), Ontario
How do I qualify?
The successful candidate will have proven strengths and experience in the following areas:
- business management skills: superior understanding of and outstanding achievement in services sales, marketing and account management, with a proven track record of achieving growth and hitting personal and corporate objectives
- communication and interpersonal skills evidenced by successful dealings within a complex decision-making landscape with services sales through multiple delivery teams, with the ability to show leadership and business clarity to clients
- judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities through a team delivery structure to provide value to clients
- planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage a diverse and complex business portfolio over a large geographic area and across both client and non-client accounts
- an excellent salary
- a company vehicle
- a defined benefit pension plan
- maternity and parental leave top-up benefits, which include adoptive parents
- a comprehensive health plan
- life and disability insurance
- a progressive work environment that promotes a work/life balance
- flexible learning and development opportunities
- opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide range of career fields within the Ontario Public Service
Note: as a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision; in the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined.
Salary range: $69,279.00 – $88,440.00 per year
Please send your resume quoting Job ID 52116 to HR[at]ocwa.ca by March 11, 2013.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.