1. Business Management::
Develops and adheres to key business processes to ensure effective client services business planning. For example, ensures appropriate revenue forecasting, is prepared for accounts.
- Owns and manages the business plan to ensure that department revenue and individual sales targets are achieved.
- Collaborates with marketing team to build lead generation activities to drives sales acquisition.
- Manages a team of small market relationship specialists. Hires, trains, motivates, coaches and performance manages team members. Terminates staff when necessary.
- Directs and develops events and relationship management teams to increase knowledge and servicing of clusters e.g. Infrastructure, Food & Beverage and Human Health Sciences.
- Apprises Vice President, Sales and Marketing of critical account activity, and proactively involves him/her where early interventions may be required to address sensitive client issues or to identify strategic business development opportunities.
2. Client Relations:
Independently develops and maintains key relationships with decision-makers and influencers in assigned accounts. Collaborates with CEO's of owner-managed companies to understand the client’s long-term business strategies.
- Participates in and helps drive small market events that deliver customer acquisition for companies in the small market sector. Prepares client proposals and briefs based on in-depth knowledge and the clarification and negotiation of client needs, showcasing the Toronto Region Board of Trade’s ability to effectively meet client needs. Partners with other executives and team members at the Board of Trade, as required.
- Manages contractual aspects of assigned client relationships. Follows up on billings and collections for delivered products and services. Oversees member databases to ensure currency and accuracy of information.
- Develops and implements membership retention plans and new member growth.
- Partners with Chambers insurance provider to promote the Board's programs offered to small market members and to deliver leads that can be converted into memberships.
- Post-secondary education in marketing/business with a minimum of 7+ years’ related sales experience in B2B environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a sales and relationship team
- Demonstrated experience building client relationships and executing on business; meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop sales plans in sectors such infrastructure, energy and technology.
- Proven track record managing, mentoring and motivating a team of employees.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
The Toronto Region Board of Trade is a small not-for-organization with 45-50 employees. It is located in downtown Toronto in the First Canadian Place at Bay and Adelaide Streets.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1845, the Toronto Region Board of Trade is Canada's largest local chamber of commerce, connecting more than...