KONE in Vancouver is looking for a Business Development Consultant to join our team in Vancouver.
This person will be responsible for achieving individual sales goals for new business development within a territory. Proactively develop NEW KONE customer accounts. Contact prospective customers and secure new maintenance contracts and repair orders with new KONE customers. Identify customer needs and tender services and products to meet these needs. Persuade customers to buy products and services and follow up on outstanding tenders.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
1. New maintenance sales growth through NEB conversions, prospecting/cold calls on competitor maintained equipment, national accounts and/or competitor’s new installations, including prospecting, surveying, estimating, proposing and persuading customer’s to buy.
2. Selling key performance indicators on all new contracts including KRMS, quarterly or better billing plans, performance contracts, long-term contracts and non-mandatory hours/visits.
3. Assist with national account requests for new business, including surveying, estimating and responding to National Account Directors.
4. Selling quoted repairs and upgrades to non-KONE customers, including prospecting, estimating, proposing, persuading customer’s to buy and assisting with project management.
5. Educating customers on safety issues, code requirements or potential upgrades and submitting Asset Management Plans for budgeting upcoming repairs.
6. Review contract performance for potential safety or performance issues to propose upgrades.
7. Recommend modernization upgrades to existing maintenance customers and non-KONE customers and referring opportunities to appropriate KONE personnel.
- NOTE: Essential Functions and Time Allotment may vary by individual position, excluding some of the above responsibilities.
1. Attain sales dollar and unit volume goals.
2. Demonstrate ability to perform sales duties and responsibilities.
3. Demonstrate ability to work effectively with building owners, property managers, facility engineers, consultants and all levels of KONE employees.
4. Effective use of all SEB processes and systems in achieving their individual goals.
5. Ensure KONE’s reputation with customers is enhanced by their effective communication.
6. Site visits to customers for sales, account management, surveying and follow up.
7. Execution of corporate objectives/initiatives (i.e. safety, quality, market pricing, etc.).
8. Participate in trade shows and trade organizations.
9. Demonstrate behavioral attributes of KONE Ambassador.
10. Compliance with HR related processes (i.e. staffing, compensation, performance management, etc.).
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in sales, marketing or business administration. Equivalent experience may be substituted for degree.
0-3 years of experience in the elevator and construction industries preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
1. Ability to converse in methods of effective and persuasive speaking, voice and diction, phonics, discussion and debate.
2. Ability to establish a rapport and speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with building owners, property managers, facility engineers, consultants and all levels of KONE employees.
3. Interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, supervisors and outside customers.
4. Strong, effective oral, written, persuasive and presentation skills.
5. Comprehensive understanding of KONE’s processes, procedures, policies and contracts/product offerings.
6. Familiarity with competitor product offerings and practices.
7. Sound working knowledge of service and/or elevator industry.
8. General accounting and financial management principles.
9. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
10. Familiarity with basic PC operation and software.