Terratec Environmental Ltd., a subsidiary of American Water, is Canada’s leading provider of residuals management. With over 25 years of biosolids management experience, Terratec's professional agricultural and technical staff provides turnkey biosolids management programs that include, industrial services, land application, nutrient management, and storage. Terratec provides an array of innovative and sustainable solutions for municipal and industrial residuals clients. Terratec is poised for considerable growth. More information can be found at www.terratec.amwater.com.
Who We are Looking For?
You can build revenue within well-defined market segments. You can work closely with the Business Development Manager to identify and define strategic markets and execute plans for achieving growth targets. You easily develop excellent relationships with clients and ensure value creation. You like being provided the freedom to “make things happen”. You are very creative and willing to offer, and strongly support, your ideas. You are focused on targets and find ways to achieve them. You are seeking a challenge and career advancement.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Securing and developing existing lines of business by working closely with the Finance and Operations Teams to develop responses on RFP's and Bid Tenders.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of required business development processes and completion of all bid/pricing and quote documentation in compliance with customer requirements, while ensuring internal processes are followed.
- Responding to client inquiries, providing approved quotes, preparing and maintaining project documents/files and prepare cost estimate for change orders.
- Make sales calls to existing and new clients.
- Working closely with Business Development Manager and Operations Group to evaluate and identify new opportunities and business lines.
- Continuously build high level strategic relationships with key users and decision makers to secure and increase revenue from new business.
- An expert in the understanding of how Terratec can provide value.
- Implement and manage Master Service Agreements with Sub-Contractors.
- Sourcing and procurement of project site supplies and services.
- Attend site visits as required to get familiar with the job site and specifications and develop pricing accordingly.
- Follow up with customers during and after job completion, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Attend trade shows and conferences
- Always work safely!
Experience and Education
- College or University diploma/degree in Business, related field, or relevant experience.
- Enjoy working with others, leading and contributing to teams as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic cold caller. Good sales “hunter”.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and to develop alliances with both external and internal contacts.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong desire to seek additional challenges and gain advancement opportunities.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar Sales/Business Development capacity. An estimating, purchasing/administration background is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of water/wastewater, agricultural, environmental or related utility/construction industry preferred.
- Proficiency using various computer applications including MS Office.
- This role requires site visits primarily within Southern Ontario. Approximately 25% of time will be office based. Therefore, the successful candidate must possess and maintain a valid 'G' driver's license. A company vehicle will be provided.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada, possess a valid driver's license and passport
Terratec offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit plan, pension match, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates, please forward an updated resume along with a cover letter stating your salary requirements.
We thank all interested candidates however, only those selected will be contacted. All contacted individuals will be required to qualify their experience and background relating to this opportunity.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Terratec Environmental Ltd., a subsidiary of American Water is a leading provider of residuals management throughout Ontario. Reporting to...