NOV Downhole is currently seeking a Business Analyst located in either Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta. The Business Analyst is responsible for assisting in implementation, maintenance, testing and enhancement of our designated enterprise application portfolio. The successful candidate will help monitor application operations, troubleshoot problems, identify issues and advise users of fixes. They will work with other team members to collaborate on business design and changes for implementations and report findings to business applications.
This is a non-technical IT role with an emphasis on business analytics and working with internal customers to support and enhance the applications portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Work as part of a dedicated team supporting in-house enterprise applications with a focus on asset management.
- Help facilitate regularly scheduled reviews with the business stakeholders to provide management visibility to the status of the supported business applications.
- Ensure applications for the designated functional area are in alignment with business objectives and strategy.
- Assists in training users on specific applications.
- Work with end users to design and implement new business processes within supported functional areas.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Work with other team members to collaborate on business design and implementation plans.
- Provide support in Help Desk trouble ticket resolution.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in business analytics and creation/execution of test scripts is desired.
- Experience in JD Edwards ERP application in one or more of the following modules - CSMS, Financials, and/or Distribution.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time.
- Valid passport required.
National Oilwell Varco Canada offers their employees on the job training with the potential for advancement within the organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits which include a Company matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending Account.