The Business Operations and Systems Support division of CPSM is currently looking for a Business Analyst to work in the Business Process and Analytics area. Reporting to the Manager, Business Process and Analytics and under the general supervision of Senior Business Analysts, the Business Analyst is responsible for providing analytical expertise to cross-functional operations and strategic initiatives. This position requires knowledge and experience in cost and business analysis to perform a variety of duties related to business systems, processes and financial controls in support of operational and project deliverables.
The Business Analyst requires knowledge of the flow of transactions from the purchase of goods and services to the corresponding reporting. The Business Analyst works with multiple Oracle modules and must be able to analyze problems that arise. The Business Analyst also performs cost and business analysis as required.
The Business Analyst consults with others within the department (e.g. multidisciplinary teams, GL, BAS, IT and other CPSM business areas) to complete the work assigned and provide analysis and recommendations on the work completed. The analysis performed and recommendations made by the Business Analyst support operational and business processes, strategic planning, cost reporting, program and system planning and evaluation as well as performance reporting for CPSM.
The Business Analyst must cultivate and maintain positive relationships within the team and with a variety of CPSM and AHS internal stakeholders.
- A post secondary degree with a focus on business, finance or accounting is required.
- Incumbent must be pursuing and in the final stages of completing a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA).
- Preference will be given to candidates who already possess a professional accounting designation.
- One to three years of accounting, auditing or relevant business consulting is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access).
- Previous experience working in healthcare and the public sector is an asset.
- Experience with Oracle R12 is an asset, particularly in the following modules: Purchasing, Inventory, Cost Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities are a must.
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt easily to change in the workplace.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Must have the ability to meet defined deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and ability to relate effectively to various levels of the organization.
- Courses in project management or supply chain management would be an asset.
Applications must be received at http://www.healthjobs.ab.ca/Jobs.Edmonton.Business-Analyst.226663.aspx to be considered.
Indeed - 19 months ago
For information about Alberta Health Services, please visit our website at www.albertahealthservices.ca.