Elmwood School is seeking a bus driver licensed to drive the school’s 24 passenger school bus, to organize the school’s other transportation needs and to act as a back-up to the School’s Receptionist.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Drive the 24 passenger Elmwood School bus, perform daily safety inspections, keep log and ensure the proper maintenance of the bus
- Act as back up for the School’s receptionist: answer phone, greet and escort visitors, manage student attendance tracking, assist students with questions and forms, process mail, other administrative tasks
- Arrange for the transportation for school trips that do not use the Elmwood bus, process consent forms and medical information sheets and other administrative tasks related to School Field trips
- Assist with other miscellaneous administrative tasks as required to meet the needs of the school.
- Responsible, mature and professional
- Dependable and punctual
- Friendly and outgoing
Skills and Experience
- Class “E” Driver’s License required, with minimum 1 year experience driving a bus
- Well organized, willing to work flexible hours and capable of multi-tasking
- Completion of secondary school with some office/reception experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Good oral and written communication skills
Qualified candidates are asked to forward a cover letter and CV, with salary expectations to Tanja Mackin, Director Finance and Administration by May 31, 2013. Elmwood School reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate if found prior to the stated deadline.
Elmwood School is the pre-eminent all-girls’ school in Canada’s capital. An independent day school for outstanding girls from...