Position Title Building Operator
Team Eastern Canada
Position Location Halifax, NS
Reports to Property Manager
Date June 2013
ABOUT US – DUNDEE REALTY MANAGEMENT CORP.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Building Operator with 1-5 years building maintenance experience, preferably in a commercial/office/retail environment:
- Responsible for maintenance and building operations.
- Respond to and complete tenant service calls such as changing lights, heating/cooling calls etc.as permitted under the lease.
- Daily property tours to ensure properties and grounds are clean and free of litter.
- Be responsible for the appearance and safety of the property.
- Operation Security computer systems.
- Oversee contractors when they are working in the project and ensure they abide by the building guidelines.
- Minor maintenance tasks such as keeping mechanical rooms tidy, sweeping and mopping.
- Be available for on call duty.
- Maintain maintenance and daily logs of equipment.
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- 1- 5 years building maintenance experience in a commercial/office/retail environment.
- Valid drivers license.
- Knowledge of safety and fire codes and WHIMIS procedures.
- Good computer and communication skills.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable,...