FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop path breaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
To serve its members and customers, the business analysis group works with a variety of industrial partners, development agencies, financing institutions, governments and others. The group produces market intelligence, economic analyses, and business development tools for building products and systems aimed at homebuilders, distributors, architects, engineers, and consumers. In addition, the group specializes in the positioning of conventional and emerging uses of wood and wood fiber for non-building sectors.
Reporting to the Research Leader, Markets, the Building Materials Markets and Economics Analyst will research markets, work with producers to identify and implement new product ideas and work internally on new product concepts for members and clients. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of projects requiring synthesis, strong business acumen, and proven client facing experience. This position will be based in Vancouver and may require regular travel throughout Canada.
- Carry out detailed market analysis and prepare project reports
- Conduct research into international market opportunities for wood products
- Support clients in implementing product ideas from the mill through to the final customer
- Support member companies and clients in delivering contracts and projects on time and on budget
- Ensure FPInnovations continues to build and expand expertise and knowledge by working with experts world-wide
- Develop new contract and revenue opportunities for the organization
- University degree in relevant subject matter
- Market research skills
- 7-10 years industry experience in wood products, building materials, or construction preferred
- Proven ability in client facing situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to make presentations to varied audiences
- Knowledge of wood products, grades and applications strongly preferred
- Financial skills considered an asset