Bayshore Specialty Rx, a subsidiary of home and community health care provider. Bayshore Health Care offers a range of integrated pharmaceutical services to clients such as government care programs, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations.
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, the Data Entry & Customer Service Representatives responsible for the pre-screening of initial orders; data entry of various types of requisitions; handling inbound customer service inquiries to ensure all medication, supplies and equipment are provided to home healthcare patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data entry of a variety of pharmacy requisitions proficiently and accurately. Print and scan all necessary lists and ensure they are forwarded to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Receive and document using CRM software all inbound customer service inquiries from patients, nurses, clinics, etc. and be able to effectively use various tools and software to resolve any issues or concerns.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure orders are in production, update orders as changes are communicated based on company policies and procedures as well as ensure all priority orders are properly documented and sent to the appropriate departments.
- Update client information and communicate changes to the various departments as well as government agencies as required.
- File all necessary patient documents as per industry and company protocols daily.
- Communicate effectively with various government health care agencies to ensure all requisitions are complete and accurate.
- Forward all requisitions to the Pre-Order Pharmacist for review and prioritize order entry based on company guidelines and procedures once orders have been approved.
- Input all telephone orders for various supplies and services and coordinate delivery or pickup as required.
- Able to reconcile orders to ensure proper billing for accounts.
- Be able to provide full open availability to cover a variety of shifts 7 days a week, all year round.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the business as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office applications as well as be able to learn and use various internal software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met and take initiative to assist other areas of the department during slower periods.
- Follow all company policies and procedures with respect to order entry, documentation, follow-up and communication so that the patients best interests are protected.
- Ability to speak and read in French
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college preferred, plus minimum (1) year experience in data entry, coordination of activities, administrative support functions and customer service. The ideal candidate will have a call centre background.
This position would start off as a 6 month contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.