The BBQ/Grill cook works as a part of the team at the Aquarium ensuring and maintaining various duties around the kitchen. Adhering to the Aquarium standards while contributing to the best overall visitor experience. This Position is Casual in nature, with the anticipation that working hours will be minimum of 20 hours per week. The applicant must be flexible with work schedules. At times the scheduling and available work hours could be up to 37.5 hours/week (including weekends, evenings and holidays).
THOSE WITH FAST FOOD COOKING EXPERIENCE ARE PREFERRED CANDIDATES (similar to McDonald, Wendy's fast food cooking experience)
- Assisting in all aspects of food preparation, portioning, and food presentation as established through recipes and production sheets;
- Ensuring strict adherence to guidelines outlined in the Food Safe program is necessary. All food items need to be covered, labelled and dated;
- Ensuring all food products are properly stored and rotated with the emphasis on the orderly organization of fridges, freezers and dry goods storage areas;
- Assisting with all aspects of kitchen cleaning and ensuring compliance with required standard of health, hygiene, and safety regulations in accordance with Food Safe guidelines;
- Operating all kitchen equipment according to operating instructions; including ensuring all fridge/freezer temperature readings are recorded daily;
- Performing additional duties as required;
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations;
- Maintaining organizational safety standards.
Education and Experience
- Food Safe certification required;
- Experience an asset but not required;
- Proof of Hepatitis A vaccination or immunity required;
- Those with QSR experience (i.e. MacDonald’s, Burger King or Wendy’s) preferred.
- Good time management skills and multi-tasking skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong team skills with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to perform in fast paced high pressure environments;
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and walk a few steps;
- Ability to stand for long periods;
- Strong internal and external customer service skills with “can-do” attitude;
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
- Standing the majority of time;
- Temperature fluctuations in outdoor working area - quite warm in summer and can be colder in winter.