Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas with over 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites throughout the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. Our customers include the best-known domestic and international brands across many industries.
The position will be located at our Canadian Distribution Centre in Brantford, Ontario.
Movement of trailers in and out from dock doors, within and between the main facility and outside storage facility, while keeping a focus on quality.
- Inspection of the Shunt truck on a daily basis
- Communicate with the Dock Coordinator and Supervisors of the placement of the trailer both in the door and in the drop lot.
- Using RTCIS to receive assignments that are in the queue
- Report any issues to the Operations Supervisor, including when loads shift on the trailer
- Monitor fuel levels and communicate when the Shunt truck requires refueling
- Ensure that carriers are following proper procedures
- Inspecting trailers
- Performing drop lot audits
- Maintaining a clean drop lot
- Other duties as assigned
- Be flexible to work alternate shifts when required by the business
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have and maintain a valid AZ license (clean abstract required)
- 2 years driving experience
- Follow work procedure and safety rules Ability to read, understand and follow directions and instructions.
Please reply with resume, current Drivers Abstract and current C.V.O.R. Abstract
For Exel, the goal is to excel at supply chain management. The company arranges for its customers' freight to be hauled in truckload...