Sanjel Corporation is a privately owned, Canadian-based, international oilfield service company with over three decades of industry experience. As a major competitor in the global oil and gas market, Sanjel delivers two product offerings: pressure pumping and completions – each with our own broad range of specialized products and custom-designed and manufactured equipment. Driven by pride and recognized for performance, Sanjel transforms our industry-leading technology into customized solutions and superior job execution.
Sanjel is proud to offer an employee development program that utilizes leading-edge, career growth tools; including career planning and skill development. These employee development programs promote and assist with individual career advancement.
As a member of the Corporate Technology group, the Associate–Cement Research & Development, reporting to the Manager-Corporate Applications & Implementation, is accountable for the effective lead of Technology projects intermediate in scope, ensuring deliverables achieved in a timely and efficient manner. Further accountabilities include the effective communication of technical concepts, ideas, and recommendations to diverse and dynamic audiences.
- Actively participates in Sanjel and Corporate Technology safety programs, abiding by safe work practices, policies, guidelines, and regulations, and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
- Independently leads Technology projects of intermediate scale and corresponding with limited stakeholders, adhering to all applicable policies, processes and procedures
- Seeks learning challenges and opportunities, with an aim to continually grow and develop as a technical professional
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of oilfield cementing, materials characterization and rock mechanics as it pertains to both Sanjel and the industry, including but not limited to technological advancement in development, application and regulation
- Contributes to maintenance and implementation of Technology training program, providing continuous feedback regarding materials and processes, and hands-on training within area of specialization to less experienced Sanjel employees
- Contributes to continuous general care and maintenance of laboratory work environment and equipment, including but not limited to performing and documenting equipment calibration as required
- 0 – 5 years of laboratory experience directly relevant to oilfield cementing, materials characterization and/or rock mechanics
- MSc., Ph.D. or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, Materials Engineering or a closely-related discipline
- Capacity and ambition to learn and grow through both formal and informal opportunities
- Advanced technical writing and presentation skills, with experience successfully addressing internal audiences
- Ability to effectively communicate within dynamic, diverse environments in spite of geographic and language challenges
- Intermediate level of skills and knowledge specific to oilfield cementing, materials characterization and/or rock mechanics
Sanjel offers individuals a dynamic work environment. The driving force behind our organization is the sincere commitment to our people, and their focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
For further information on career opportunities please contact our HR department at 1.800.9SANJEL.
Indeed - 11 months ago