Purpose Of The Job
To drive revenue and maximize EBITDA dollars in assigned area, and provide leadership and guidance for all
business activities of the catalogue agents and delivery sites within the designated area (approx. 50-75) to
ensure achievement of service performance levels and goals in accordance with the corporate annual plan.
1. Analyze local conditions by market / geographic area / unit class and develop a plan of action to:
- Defend and grow revenues; market presence, Direct sales orders, net sales and miscellaneous income, local market promotion
- Support Direct operational excellence; media allocation and distribution, controllable expense management – allowances, overall and unclaimed returns, CSU operations performance, in-store presentation.
- Work with financial teams on annual plan and update on a monthly basis.
2. Consult with Agents through regular visitations and communicate plan and results. Support catalogue pick-up desks in retail formats (Corporate and Hometown stores) as required.
3. Manage effective business relationships that help to grow Direct sales and profitability in all units; recruit the best fit partners in each market, provide coaching and meaningful feedback, setting and enforcing clear expectations that drive performance at the unit/area level. Ensure catalogue pick-up desks are held accountable to the merchant agreement.
4. Focus on the levels of service offered within the market place and ensure a consistent performance at all points of contact. Collaborate with business partners in the Retail Support Centre, Sales Support and distribution facilities to drive improvements as necessary.
5. Implement and monitor results of corporate plan with respect to special events, item promotions, signing display programs, etc. Ensure consistent display and signing standards in all agent and Sears locations.
6. Negotiate and sign contracts with new agents, and/or renew existing contracts in accordance with Sears policy.
7. Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to Director, Field Operations on potential sales and revenue opportunities and recommend new agent locations to maximize market penetration, based on demographic studies, location of closest store, and profitability analysis.
8. Participate in individual and team projects, and provide inputs to after-action review of area initiatives as input to team learning and development.
9. Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated business judgment, insight and financial knowledge (planning, forecasting/estimating)
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities. Strong team/partnership ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, assimilate complex process information
- Excellent bilingual oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate agreement.
- Basic knowledge of marketing concepts
University Undergraduate; Commerce/Business Administration, Economics, Engineering
Retail, Logistics or Distribution
Typical office environment Store
Warehouse Travel required: Car