Assistant Retail Store Manager
About the Job
Do you have retail supervisory experience? Do you have enormous energy? Do you have the ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment? Do you have experience managing large amounts of inventory? We are currently recruiting for our client, a well-recognized retail operation. Their company is growing and looking for experienced managers who want to work with an organization that offers growth, great culture and employee support! They are looking for assistant store managers in the GTA and surrounding area. Starting wage is approximately $11.00-$13.00/hour plus bonuses and medical benefits.
Please see below job description:
Working as part of a team, the Assistant Store Manager is accountable for the completion of all the duties necessary to operate a well-functioning store on a daily basis.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the following:
- Managing the resources of the store to maximize results and store appearance while making sure to constantly have inventory on the shelves;
- Recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a team of Key Holders and Store Associates;
- Ensuring that company rules and regulations are explained, understood and properly followed by all team members;
- Managing the work schedules according to the budgeted hours and business needs;
- Managing and resolving customer complaints, questions and/or inquiries;
- Ensuring the inventory counts (on-hands) are done in a prompt and precise manner, in order to ensure proper resupply of goods;
- Ensuring that store opening/closing and asset management procedures is properly followed;
- Ensuring that employees work safely and apply the standards required by health and safety.
- Operating a cash register;
- Perform the inventory quickly and effectively in order to ensure the replenishment of the merchandise;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the retail industry, including at least 2 years in a supervisory position;
- Flexibility with regard to availabilities and work schedules (day, evening, week-end);
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment;
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities;
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Good time management skills and able to manage priorities.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical and drug plans, life and disability insurance, and the opportunity to participate in a company matched pension plan.
If you possess the requirements and are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume immediately with the subject line “Assistant Store Manager - GTA”.
We thank all those candidates who apply, but only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Hunt Personnel is fully compliant with AODA standards and is committed to providing accessibility to all applicants.