The Canadian Cancer Society, BC and Yukon has an immediate need for an experienced, self-starter Assistant, Purchasing and Inventory. If you’re able to adapt to changing workloads while still maintaining accuracy and work efficiently we would like you as part of the team! The role suits a multi-tasker who wants to jump right into a challenge with an open mind. We invest in the growth and development of our employees and we empower them with the tools to perform their jobs in a positive environment. This role will be responsible for processing all inventory as well as daily incoming and outgoing mail, and shipments for the company as well as distribution within the facility. This position works closely with the Finance Department to reconcile and monitor inventory levels.
1. Ensures the effective management of inventory for BCY offices and lodges:
- Acts as the Division’s Shipper/Receiver for all inventory coming to Division office & being shipped to Regional offices and lodges.
- Receives, manages and processes all incoming and outgoing mail for the Division office in a timely fashion
- Be the ‘go to’ person for all shipping inquiries for Division Office.
- Track and ensure successful delivery of all courier and mail shipments
- Process and manage all required documentation
- Manages the inventory life cycle for Division, Regional offices and Lodges from order placement to shipping
- In consultation with Assistant, Information Services and Accountant, manages and monitors inventory levels and advises internal and external stakeholders of reorder needs
- Monitors inventory levels, sales, orders and deliveries in Great Plains
- Tracks deliveries and performs audits when metrics are not met to identify and resolve issues.
- Performs monthly inventory cycle counts.
- Provides monthly postage and inventory reports to Finance team
- Manages the office petty cash and prepares statements.
- Performs the daily "bank run" by taking cheques and low value cash deposits to The Society's bank.
- Performs weekly tape run for IT department
2. Provides back-up to various Facilities & Purchasing departmental functions as required:
- Acts as back up to Assistant, Facilities and Purchasing as required.
- Collects all outgoing mail in the office and applies correct postage amount when required.
3. Assists with the management of emergency procedures at the Division office:
- Acts as Floor Warden
- Assists the Manager, Facilities & Purchasing with emergency evacuation drills.
Please note that this job will require you to:
- Lift/move packages up to 60 lbs.
- Bend, twist, lift, push, pull, reach, walk and stand regularly.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Intermediate level of knowledge in Supply Chain Management
2. Intermediate level of proficiency in Great Plains
3. Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfort with learning how to use new facilities service technology
4. A keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy
5. A team player and experience working with diverse groups of people.
6. Detail oriented and flexible in handling concurrent priorities.
7. Ability to work independently within a team framework.
8. Ability to identify emergency issues and react appropriately.
9. Possession of high level of professionalism when representing the Society.
10. A positive attitude, a friendly personality and a passion for working with people
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- Proficient user of MS Office applications
- At least two years’ experience working in a busy office environment with concurrent priorities.
- At least two years’ of shipping/receiving
- Possession of a valid BC Driver's License is an asset.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document directly through our website www.cancer.ca no later than May 6th, 2014.