This is a one (1) year maternity leave contract
For over 30 years, Mastermind Toys has represented the very best in quality toys and books for children, and this tradition continues to this day. With 29 stores in Canada and a North America-wide reach through www.mastermindtoys.com we continue to grow as one of Canada’s premier brands.
Fun. Dynamic. Rewarding. These are some words our Managers use to describe the experience of being part of the Mastermind Toys team! Our company philosophy mixes fun and focus - in our high-quality, stimulating products and in the work environment we offer to our employees.
We seek an experienced Assistant Manager, preferably from a specialty retail environment, with at least one year in a leadership role that is able to support the development of our store. The successful candidate will demonstrate retail business understanding and the judgment and consistent approach required to lead and develop a productive sales team, in concert with the Store Manager. And of course, this individual will also share our belief in, and passion for, offering quality products and an unparalleled toy & book shopping experience.
As the full time Assistant Manager of a busy Mastermind store, you will provide leadership and day to day operations management and coaching for the store team. You will bring your enthusiasm & experience to a variety of day, evening and weekend shifts most particularly supporting the critical trading periods.
The primary responsibilities will include contributing as a member of the management team:
Sales & Leadership:
- maximize the sales opportunities in the store
- create an exceptional customer service experience
- motivate and coach employees to meet their potential and our customer’s needs
- participate in the creation and maintenance of an enticing shopping environment
- Participate in the creation of employee schedules and shift zone coverage. Monitor floor coverage throughout the shift
- Participate in the training and supervision of staff on relevant store operations including POS procedures, merchandising, inventory handling, loss prevention and safe work practices
- In conjunction with Head Office, arrange for repairs and maintenance to keep the premises in top quality condition
- A dedicated team player who is able to think on their feet, problem solve and diplomatically address concerns of customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized, energetic and able to adapt quickly to a fun-filled, fluid environment
- Possess good time management skills, able to multi-task and align priorities with company values
- Computer literate using MS Office products
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.