Assistant, Facilities and Purchasing
Vancouver Division Office
Regular Full Time
37.5 hours per week
This position is responsible for ensuring the effective management and maintenance of the Division office and the safeguarding of assets in alignment with existing policies and procedures.
1. Ensures the effective management and maintenance of the Division office and the safeguarding of assets:
- Conducts weekly inspections of Division office facilities; troubleshooting minor issues and repairs and organizing repairs/maintenance work with service partners as required.
- Assists with the maintenance of solid supplier partnerships (particularly with janitorial staff; security provider and mechanical services provider).
- Manages DDC controls of the Division office HVAC system.
- Schedule contracted service and maintenance appointments with supplier partners and inform Division office staff as appropriate.
- Assists and coordinates with external resources (e.g. movers) with regard to the movement of office furniture as staff changes location at the division office.
- Provides support to new staff with regard to the operation of multifunction printers/copiers; security key fobs and garage doors.
- Ensures security of Division office assets.
- Maintains key logs
- Maintains sufficient levels of kitchen and meeting room supplies.
2. Provides administrative back-up to various Purchasing & Facilities Departmental functions as required:
- Provides backup support for the daily "bank run" by taking cheques and low value cash deposits to The Society's bank when required.
- Collects all outgoing mail in the office and applies correct postage amount when required.
- Ensures that time sensitive mail is processed on the same day it is received but proactively uses lower cost services whenever possible.
- Covers the Front Desk from 8:00 am to 8:30 am (Mondays-Fridays) and assists with the front desk coverage as required (i.e. lunch breaks, vacation/illness coverage)
- Assists with the maintenance of telephone and voicemail system setup
- Assists with meeting room configurations as required (i.e. setup of meeting rooms for board and management team meetings).
- Makes order suggestions for replenishment of office supplies in each copier room and distribute inventory on receipt of orders.
3. Assists with the implementation and management of emergency procedures at the Division office:
- Participates in the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Assists the Manager, Purchasing & Facilities with emergency evacuation drills.
- Acts as the liaison, the absence of the Manager, Purchasing & Facilities, for security, fire and maintenance issues of the Division office. This accountability can involve being "on call" for situations which develop outside of regular business hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekend and statutory holidays.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of building security, HVAC and other facilities services.
2. Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfort with learning how to use new facilities service technology (i.e. telephone management system)
3. Knowledgeable and capable for minor repair works.
4. A team player and experience working with diverse groups of people.
5. Detail oriented and flexible in handling concurrent priorities.
6. Ability to work independently within a team framework.
7. Ability to identify emergency issues and react appropriately.
8. Possession of high level of professionalism when representing the Society.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- At least two years experience working in a busy office environment with concurrent priorities.
- Possession of a valid BC Driver's License is an asset.
- Experience with move coordination is an asset.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than November 28, 2013
Please apply directly in our website:
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the...