Title: ASSET MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Location: MISSISSAUGA, ON
Closing Date: August 30, 2013
Are you looking to join a dynamic team? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $15 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Senior Asset Manager, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Asset Management Analyst in Mississauga, ON, working with our Retail and Industrial Asset Management team. The primary function of this position is to provide financial analysis and reporting which will aid senior management in various real estate decisions including acquisitions, dispositions, development and asset management for a range of clients and portfolios.
- Prepare a variety of financial analyses to aid senior management in various real estate decisions
- Work closely with leasing, property management and development in various initiatives
- Provide analytical support and significantly contribute to the creation and implementation of asset management strategies
- Provide research and analytical support, monitor and track leasing and investment market activity
- Prepare periodic reports for internal and external use
- Manage and assist in the appraisal process, including valuation analysis and cash flow
- Prepare and participate in presentations to existing and prospective clients
- Active involvement in the budgeting process and preparation of internal valuations
- At least 2 years commercial real estate experience with a real estate brokerage firm, appraiser or property management company
- Post secondary degree in related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced real estate financial analysis capability; including cash flow analysis, valuation and lease analysis
- Ability to take initiative for and ownership of projects
- Ability to work in teams within asset management and with other departments
- Ability to connect quantitative analysis with thinking “outside the box”
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, Argus and Dyna
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities through communication and organizational skills
All interested individuals are invited to forward their resume via email to careers @ gwlra.com