Reporting directly to the Assembly Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible to assemble, fit, wire and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished products using hand and / or power tools.
- Set-up table and work space before each job and keep area clean.
- Fasten parts together according to drawings using bolting or other fastening equipment and joining techniques.
- Operate pump cart to transport or position larger parts as required.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products to ensure they meet the quality standard.
- Wire fixtures according to ballast diagram
- Test assemblies to prescribed standards and follow First-off procedure.
- Ensure all components are cleaned prior to assembly.
- Package and store assembled components in a manner that meets the company handling and storage procedures.
- Label and identify assembled components according to customer requirements.
- Update whiteboards and Bar-coding information relating to the operation being performed, into the computer system according to procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a small to medium assembly department.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Sense of Urgency
- Teamwork and cooperation skills; must be reliable
- Understanding of metric system and use of measuring devices.
- Blue Print training an asset.
- Safety conscious.