The Faculty of Arts, University of Waterloo, is seeking a superior Administrative Assistant with strong budget and administration skills. The Administrative Assistant is accountable for establishing, maintaining, and overseeing effective administrative processes in the Department of Economics, consistent with UW and Faculty-wide standards and protocols. S/he supervises the department’s Undergraduate Assistant and reports directly to the Department Chair.
Applicants sould have:
- Several years of administrative experience in an academic department.
- Completed college or university degree required; equivalent education and experience will also be considered.
- Must be self-directed with proven initiative and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as required in a busy multi-tasking and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have proven supervisory and leadership/mentoring skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior administrative skills, including excellent communication (oral and written) are required.
- Proven ability to problem-solve; demonstrated commitment to process improvement.
- Excellent computing skills including MS Office, FORE, Sharepoint.
- Must be adept in budget management and planning; experience managing expense and payroll requests in operating, research, trust and endowment funds.
- Experience in event co-ordination is an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and ability to apply sound judgement and to handle confidential materials are required.
- Proven ability to deal with faculty, staff and students with tact and diplomacy; excellent relationship-building skills at all levels internal and external to the university.
For a full job description please see: http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00001231.html
Please apply with a resume and cover letter quoting the job title and ID# 2017
In just half a century, the University of Waterloo, located at the heart of Canada's technology hub, has become one of Canada's leading...