Accountable for establishing, maintaining, and overseeing effective administrative processes in the Department of Economics, consistent with UW and Faculty-wide standards and protocols. S/he supervises the department’s Undergraduate Assistant and reports directly to the Department Chair.
Responsible for the development and management of administrative systems to support the Department’s teaching, learning and research missions. The position requires a thorough knowledge of University policies and procedures, accounting and scheduling systems, and supervisory protocols.
- Several years of administrative experience in an academic department.
- Completed college or university degree required; equivalent education and experience will also be considered.
- Must be self-directed with proven initiative and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as required in a busy multi-tasking and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have proven supervisory and leadership/mentoring skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior administrative skills, including excellent communication (oral and written) are required.
- Proven ability to problem-solve; demonstrated commitment to process improvement.
- Excellent computing skills including MS Office, FORE, Sharepoint.
- Must be adept in budget management and planning; experience managing expense and payroll requests in operating, research, trust and endowment funds.
- Experience in event co-ordination is an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and ability to apply sound judgement and to handle confidential materials are required.
- Proven ability to deal with faculty, staff and students with tact and diplomacy; excellent relationship-building skills at all levels internal and external to the university.
For a full job description, visit http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00001231.html
Qualified candidates should apply by May 3rd, 2013 at http://uwaterloo.ca/my-career/external-opportunities