TITLE: Accounting/Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Controller
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
CONTACT: ***No phone calls and faxes please
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview
Primary responsibilities: bookkeeping and invoicing, accounts payable, preparing deposits, liason with sales staff, account reconciliations, backup and relief reception.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform full-cycle bookkeeping duties, including payables and receivables.
2. Prepare all payroll and benefit accounting including journal entries, reconciliations and reporting.
3. Prepare and maintain monthly general ledger reconciliations
4. GST filings
5. Handle sales staff requests
6. Reception relief and backup
7. Preparing and entering deposits
8. Various accounting reconciliations
9. Assisting in various duties when required
11. Misc. administrative duties
12. Developing role with additional future responsibilities
2. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Ø Team Player
Ø Minimum 3 years Full Cycle accounting experience
Ø General accounting concept knowledge
Ø Simply accounting system experience preferred
Ø Unionized company experienced preferred
Ø Good mathematic skills
Ø Good interpersonal skills
Ø Strong computer skills
Ø Pleasant telephone voice
Ø Proven ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
Ø Problem solving abilities
Ø Attention to detail
Ø Organized, proactive and self motivated
Ø Willingness to learn, adapt to change, and evolve with a growing company
Ø Computer programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Ø Mature Attitude
Ability to meet deadlines, multitask and deal with different personalities.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.