The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. THCF is currently recruiting for a qualified:
Tim Horton Children’s Foundation- St. George, Ontario
Summary: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting the Accounting Specialist will provide general support to the Finance team in meeting monthly and yearly project deadlines. Key tasks will include but will not be limited to, account reconciliations, fixed asset analysis, interco entries, prepaids and journal entries.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a general accounting position
- Experience completing Bank Reconciliations and with Fixed Assets
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and solid knowledge in full cycle accounting are critical
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) and experience manipulating large data sets.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required
- Knowledge of Lean processes and practices
- Accpac or Accounting software experience
- Reconcile continuity schedules, maintain fixed asset sub ledgers, post monthly depreciation and disposals
- Bank entries and reconciliations for 8 bank accounts (Cdn & US)
- Import visa statements and track received reconciliations
- GL account reconciliations
- Journal entries and recurring entries, prepare, post
- Reconcile and import payrolls to accounting system
- Post and reconcile prepaids and interco transactions each month
- Prepare monthly tax filings including HST/GST/QST
- Review lottery licenses, remit required information and track lottery spending
- Set up new A/P vendors and track W9 forms
- Prepare month end variance reports and back up
- Special projects as assigned
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check and vulnerable sector screen.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is dedicated to fostering within our children the quest for a brighter future.
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp...