Job ID: 00101512
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, PaaS and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Come join the Finance Team as an Accounting Manager. Intuit Finance drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit's operating efficiencies.
As opportunities for Intuit grew in global markets, the need for a unified global business strategy did as well. In 2007, to unite Intuit's existing and new business outside the United States, the Global Business Division (GBD) was formed. Today, GBD's raison d’être is to target growth opportunities all over the world. We have captured markets in Canada and the UK. We've launched new products in India and Singapore. Today, we continue to extend our position as market leaders while also focusing on accelerating our growth to the fullest potential in new geographies.
- Responsible for oversight and related responsibilities for the accounting department. Drive month and quarter-end close and related processes for the Intuit Canada.
- Manages overall revenue recognition and accounting/forecast risk for Canada in collaboration with Corporate Accounting. Reviews complex journal entries, account reconciliations, contracts, and new offerings and programs. Clearly articulates revenue risk and issues to all levels. Works directly with business partners to identify and resolve any revenue recognition issues, presenting multiple options.
- Responsible for oversight of the accounting balance sheet including Cash, A/R and retailer rebates, inventory, deferred revenue, payroll accounts, sale and corporate tax accounts and other reserves Ensure that accounts and reconciliations are maintained and reviewed in a timely manner consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies.
- Responsibility to partner with Canada Finance Planning and Analysis team in service to maintaining high forecast accuracy.
- Responsible for managing professional staff. This includes hiring, training, mentoring and providing performance evaluations. Encourage professional development through assignments and training.
- Responsible for sales tax and corporate tax compliance and filings
- Responsible for transfer pricing accounting
- Participates in the compilation of policies, procedures guidelines over areas of responsibility. Responsible for improving processes and internal controls in area of responsibility.
- 8+ years total accounting experience including 4+ years managing teams in a corporate accounting environment.
- Strong understanding of large company finance and accounting and internal control practices. Software industry experiences a plus.
- Strong technical accounting and tax skills; ability to research and understand technical details, but also interpret and present in lay terms to non-technical finance and other business partners.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously.
- Large accounting software package expertise (Oracle financials, etc).
- BS or BA Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Professional Accounting designation is required.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: http://jobs.intuit.com/. Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be yourself. Be Intuit.
Indeed - 18 months ago