About the Job
The Accounting Clerk must be autonomous, organized and have very good knowledge of accounting principles. This person will report to the Operations Manager andis responsible for activities including, but not limited to:
· Organizing daily deposits and posting in QuickBooks.
· Posting credit card payments.
· Apply cheque and credit card payments to client invoices.
· Balance QuickBooks entries against summary report in SmartShip.
· Entering all payables into QuickBooks.
· Responding to emails for payables.
· Preparing chequesfor payables.
· General accounting entries up to the trial balance.
· Ability to maintain all bookkeeping records on computer.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Have two or more years experience in bookkeeping or as an accounting clerk.
· Knowledge and practical experience beyond basic bookkeeping.
· Be fluent in English and French (written and verbal).
· Work experience with Quick Books is an asset.
· Be proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
· Be effective in a quiet office setting.
· Highly organized.
Flagship™ Courier Solutions is one of Canada’s largest online shipping solutions. Our mission at Flagship is simple: to provide our customers with comprehensive, turn-key discount shipping solutions allowing them to focus on their core business with total confidence that their shipping needs are handled by dedicated and experienced industry professionals. Our entire team is dedicated to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in everything that we do.
We strive day in and day out to achieve our vision of becoming a leader in the Canadian shipping market offering discount shipping solutions to small and medium size businesses.
To apply send your cover letter and resume